The five little things that made my week…
1. Harvested a very tenacious carrot this week. As you can tell by the leaves, it started growing outward along the surface for a while, then found its way deep into the soil, going deeper, deeper… the carrot ended up being over a foot long and I still haven’t found the end piece that broke off. We had to get out the shovel for this one!
2. It’s raining avocados in my yard.
3. The last few fava beans are still hanging in there.
4. Steaming heads of Romanesco broccoli.
5. Today alone, I’ve managed to eat half a watermelon already. Yes, it’s hot here.
get every Garden Betty story delivered straight to your inbox!