The five little things that made my week…
1. A harvest of Mexican Sour Gherkin cucumbers. Sometimes I’ll trick friends into trying one by saying it’s a mini watermelon.
2. These Yellow Wonder alpine strawberries are very happy in their new strawberry pot.
3. Love the fuchsia flowers on the other strawberry plant. (These berries will become red.)
4. My Blue Filius pepper plant is nearly toppling over with peppers! For such a compact container plant (no more than 8 inches wide and 5 inches tall), I can barely keep up with picking them, eating them, gifting them, and drying them. (Here they are just a few months ago.)
5. Deep in a crazy cabbage bed that I let overwinter, overspring and even oversummer (and will soon clean out, finally), I found a baby cabbage among all the dead leaves!
More to Explore from Garden Betty
get every Garden Betty update delivered straight to your inbox!