1. One of my favorite things about summer. (There are four or five varieties of tomatoes in there!)
2. One of my other favorite things about summer. Strawberries!
3. Proof that you should never judge a veg by its looks. Despite the crackly brown skin that almost makes it look like bark, this Sikkim cucumber (a Himalayan heirloom) was one of the sweetest and juiciest cukes I’ve ever tasted.
4. The chickens devouring the “pasture” I’ve been growing all summer for them. Amaranth, dandelion, clover, wheat… they even mowed down the volunteer zucchini plants.
5. Ahhh, figs… a huge harvest this week meant a freestyle vanilla-fig galette for breakfast (and lunch… and I even had a little slice left for dinner).
More to Explore from Garden Betty
get every Garden Betty update delivered straight to your inbox!