The five little things that made my week…
1. I love a well-organized seed bin! Currently down to 190 seed varieties after sorting and tossing the older packets. (Click here for my guide on figuring out the shelf life of your seeds.)
2. Fall harvest of feijoas (from this week, anyway!) that’s making the house smell deliciously good. It’s a soft, sweet floral scent that just stops you in your tracks. I’ve managed to can or give away three-quarters of that fruit so far, and the rest will be frozen for next summer’s smoothies.
3. We’ve been making a weekly feijoa-banana bread but can barely keep up with the fruit harvest. Between those feijoas and these bananas, our freezer is bursting at the seams.
4. By the time this month is over, I’m going to be swimming in jam, jelly, chutney, and pickles.
5. The weather’s still lingering in the 70s, but we’re shooting our family Christmas card this weekend and somebody is going to look super cute in this! (Hint: It won’t be the hubby or me.)
More to Explore from Garden Betty
get every Garden Betty update delivered straight to your inbox!