Garden Betty is a lifestyle website devoted to gardening, homesteading, sustainable living, and inspiring a meaningful and adventurous life. The site publishes three to five original posts per week with a focus on edible gardening, urban chicken-keeping, farm-to-table cooking, adventure traveling, and outdoor recreation — all the things that encompass a healthy, active, and simple life. Creator (and surfer, snowboarder, climber, and kayaker) Linda Ly takes a fresh and modern approach to these topics, offering user-friendly guides and tutorials, thoughtful research, and harvest-inspired recipes, as well as personal stories from her seaside abodes and her life on the road.
Our loyal readers visit Garden Betty daily for ideas, inspiration and fun. The majority of our readers love to spend time outside and experience a greener way of life. Through traditional advertising and creative marketing, you can reach out directly to our highly targeted community of hip homemakers, modern homesteaders, nature lovers, and outdoor enthusiasts, all while supporting the content that keeps them coming back.
Since launching in September 2010, traffic on Garden Betty has been high and on the rise. Readership in 2015 saw a steady increase of 200-plus percent over the previous year and rapid growth in organic search traffic. As of November 2015, our analytics show:
- Over 402,490 pageviews per month from over 155,470 unique visitors
- A very high source of referrals from search engines, averaging 65 percent of all site traffic — that means we are continually getting new readers looking at our well optimized content (2.7 pages per visit with a bounce rate of less than 8 percent)
- An international readership spanning the globe from #1 United States to #5 New Zealand and all countries in between (including #2 Australia, #3 Canada, and #4 United Kingdom)
- Our primary reader is female, 25 to 34 years old, a college graduate, and living in the United States with a household income of $150,000-$200,000
Garden Betty was named “Best Gardening Blog” by Country Living and a “Top 10 Gardening Blog” by Better Homes and Gardens. We’ve been mentioned in HGTV, Los Angeles Times, The Guardian, Huffington Post, MSN Money, Mother Earth News, Apartment Therapy, The Kitchn, and KCET.
In March 2015, Linda Ly’s first book, The CSA Cookbook, was released worldwide by Voyageur Press. It garnered favorable reviews in Where Women Cook, Clean Eating, Edible, Audrey, Northern Virginia, The Press Democrat, Statesman Journal, San Francisco Book Review, Publishers Weekly, and various online media. The book is currently in its second printing.
Garden Betty welcomes partnerships with small business owners, independent designers, artists and bloggers, as well as global consumer brands that complement the simple and sustainable life we celebrate. We consistently reach new readers every month and love to connect them with companies we believe in!
We offer the following advertising and sponsorship opportunities:
- Traditional display advertising with flexible rates starting at $50 per month
- Native advertising through authentic and compelling sponsored content on our blog and across our social media channels ($500 minimum buy)
- Brand ambassadorships, endorsements, and other creative campaigns (rates vary per campaign)
Email for our current rates and available placements, or to start a conversation about custom content marketing for your brand. Please include a link to your business and tell us a little bit about yourself. We look forward to teaming up!
Please note: We do not accept text links, guest posts, or sponsored posts written by third parties.