The five little things that made my week…
1. Starting the week with a little desert escape… the perfect backdrop for focusing on some long-overdue writing and reading.
2. Coming home to beautiful pomegranates on my tree.
3. Mandarins! This will be the first winter we have mandarins on our tree.
4. Seeding a new bed for fall with Chinese kale, dinosaur kale, collards, komatsuna, and rapini… or the “bitter bed,” as I call it.
5. Tightening the lines on my Florida weave trellis and discovering a little green tomato hanging on… along with several new blossoms! Let’s see how my tomato plants fare over winter.