The five little things that made my week…
1. Road trip around the entire 116-mile coastline of Salton Sea.
2. Walking up Salvation Mountain in Slab City, which you may remember from the movie “Into the Wild.” (One of my all-time favorites! I had to watch it again after spending an afternoon in the Slabs.)
3. A getaway to this beautiful vacation home in Palm Springs for the hubby’s birthday. The views, the sun, the saltwater pool, and of course, the bottomless beers… we could get used to that life.
Of course, it ended up being a working vacation because…
4. The first pass of my book arrived! So strange yet so exciting to finally see all the words, images, and designs come together into something that actually resembles a book. Four days and 224 pages later, the first round of edits have been marked up and sent off to the publisher. Getting.so.close!
5. And this is exactly how I feel at the end of the week. TGIF!