The five little things that made my week…
1. Even when I sit at this computer for 10 hours a day (which has been my life for the last month), I love looking out into the garden and feeling the sun streaming through the windows. Best office ever, next to actually working in the garden.
2. If you haven’t seen Ashley English’s newly released book, Quench: Handcrafted Beverages to Satisfy Every Taste and Occasion, consider picking it up as a Christmas gift. My limoncello is featured as a guest recipe, among a hundred other delectable drinks. I can’t wait to try a few for Thanksgiving!
3. Bananas starting to ripen on the plant. (And did you know that a banana plant is actually an herb?)
4. My Barred Rock is in full molt and while the process is meant to be a renewal of feathers, I can’t stop collecting her old ones which are still so beautiful.
5. After last month’s Five Things Friday, some of you wanted to see the candelabra cactus (Euphorbia ingens) that grows over two stories tall next to my house. So here it is! (Yes, there’s a branch dangling precariously right now… we’re waiting for it to fall so we can replant it.)