After being couchbound and under the weather these past few weeks, I finally feel some of my energy returning… and just in time, as the hubby and I are taking off to Oregon this weekend for a rafting trip on the Rogue River. It’s the old man’s birthday (wink), and paddling the Rogue has long been on his list of dream adventures since taking up kayaking a few years ago. While he’ll be tackling the rapids in his kayak, I’ll be sitting on the support raft, soaking up the sun, shooting lots of pictures and getting some much-needed outdoor time!
Because embarrassingly, I’ve been far behind on work but well caught up on TV. In the midst of my tea-sipping, movie-watching, blanket-snuggling, midday-snoozing daze, I somehow (finally) managed to sort through all the pictures from our book tour/road trip and whittled them down to just under 1,700 shots. So let’s make this Five Things Friday a Flashback Friday as I revisit some of my favorites from our trip!
1. Taking the trail less traveled to Delicate Arch in Moab, Utah. (Special thanks to Duluth Trading Company for the duds! Pictured here are the Armachillo Long Sleeve Solid Shirt, DuluthFlex Dry on the Fly Convertible Pants, and Lifetime Leather Convertible Messenger. They’re not necessarily made for hiking, but the technical fabrics and generous cuts actually make them perfect for outdoor pursuits.)
2. Visiting Misty Creek Goat Dairy in Leola, Pennsylvania. It belongs to an Amish farmer named Amos, who’s as nice as can be and definitely knows his cheese. Well worth a visit if you’re in the area!
3. Old Faithful Geyser in Yellowstone, shortly before it erupted. Another check off the life list!
4. Following a logging truck somewhere along an Idaho highway. This made us laugh because we imagined a giant mason bee emerging from the logs… Doesn’t it look like a native bee house or insect hotel? Clearly, writing this blog has given me a strange sense of humor.
5. Two cows on a hill. How cute are they? Spotted on the Lost Coast Scenic Drive in California, somewhere between Petrolia and Shelter Cove.