The five little things that made my week…
1. After two years of trying to convince Twitter to release the name, I finally got @gardenbetty as my official handle! If you’re already following me on Twitter, there’s no need to do anything on your end. The name transfer was seamless and all tweets and followers remained intact. But be sure to tag @gardenbetty in all your tweets from now on!
2. This poor chicken. I feel bad laughing at her, but it seems her molts are more and more dramatic every year.
3. The things I do for my chickens… like digging in the vermicompost for black soldier fly larvae. It was disgusting, but I couldn’t resist treating them to a little extra treat this week.
4. We had a week of chilly weather (enough to warrant starting a fire in our woodstove, and it was lovely!) but our garden still thinks it’s the tropics outside. I cannot wait for this beautiful bunch of bananas to ripen in a couple more weeks!
5. After a few windstorms blew through, the rest of our floss silk blossoms have fallen. I love the stunning natural litter all over our garden right now.