The five little things that made my week…
1. Spring starts much earlier in Southern California than most parts of the country, but a sure sign of the change of seasons for me is when the apple blossoms on our tree begin to appear!
2. Any day now… the thousands of pink jasmine buds outside our bedroom window will bloom and burst with the most heavenly fragrance.
3. When it comes to vegetables, I’m a fan of anything purple. (You may remember the purple peppers, beans, artichokes, carrots, and cabbage that I’ve grown in my garden.) This season, I’m all about the purple Blauwschokker peas from my GrowJourney Seeds of the Month package. (It’s one of the reasons I’m really enjoying my membership… I never know what will turn up in my mailbox.) They’re meant to be soup peas, but I’m planning to harvest them young to use like snow peas.
4. First round of tomato seedlings repotted… check. Just a few more weeks and I think they’ll be ready to go in the garden! (Learn how and why you should repot your tomato seedlings… sometimes twice.)
5. After a long winter hiatus… homegrown eggs are back, baby! (I don’t use artificial lighting in my chicken coop to extend egg laying, and I explain why in this post.)