The five little things that made my week…
1. I haven’t been as vigilant with the garden as I usually am, which means loads of volunteer plants and lots of mystery vegetables that we’re starting to harvest. This week’s haul included butternut squash, mystery summer squash, mystery winter squash, and what I think is an overgrown mystery cucumber (but could possibly be a mystery melon). Such are the little joys the garden brings to the kitchen.
2. She loves to help at harvest time (or any time we’re out in the garden, really).
3. Oh boy. Looks like we’re gonna be getting a few hundred figs this summer!
4. These lovely, juicy, ribbed heirloom tomatoes came from seven-year-old seeds! (Have you ever wondered how long your seeds can actually last? Check out my cheat sheet on seed storage life here.)
5. Anybody else like to color-coordinate their tomatoes? These babies are ready to turn into tomato sauce this weekend!