Today is a very special Five Things Friday. Why? Because it also happens to be my birthday, and as I reflect on my birthday like I do every year, I have so many things to smile about that far surpass the five things I’m allotted here.
Perhaps the biggest piece of news and one I’m most grateful for is the recent revelation that this year alone (in just the past six months!), reader traffic to this blog has increased an amazing and humbling 420 percent! Wow!! I am floored and excited and thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading, commenting, sharing, and liking my posts, whether you’ve been here since day one (which would not be very many of you… unless you’re related to me, ha) or you’ve only been around for a week. I seriously can’t think of a better birthday present from my dear readers and this is something that will probably top all of my Five Things lists for the rest of this year!
Tell me: What five things made your week this week?
1. Hello to the start (onslaught?) of summer squash season!
2. This week’s kitchen achievement: A beautifully baked loaf of couronne, a specialty of Lyon, France.
3. Discovering the secret stash of eggs that my chickens have been hiding from me! (I knew their egg production seemed light in the last couple weeks…)
4. Early birthday picnic and hike on the beach with two of my BFFs. Love.
5. All packed up and ready to go this weekend… Mehico bound! (Said with an accent and all!) See you next week!